Plugin Requests?

Plugin Support Discussion
warmach

Plugin Requests?

Post by warmach »

I have written a few plugins and I find it is a nice side project. I was going to try an in block chain escrow, but the timekoin market fills that gap. Is there any other plugin requests? I can't promise I will do all/any of the requests and it may take some time.

I still have some updates to my existing plugins, but didn't have anything on the horizon.

Suggest away!
joanofarc

Re: Plugin Requests?

Post by joanofarc »

I remember reading about a plugin request to notify for certain things like incoming transactions or your server is offline or not generating. How difficult is it to create such a plugin as you have a lot more talent for this than me. ;)

Can a server directly e-mail someone or connect to a 3rd party e-mail like gmail and send notification that way?
warmach

Post by warmach »

joanofarc wrote:I remember reading about a plugin request to notify for certain things like incoming transactions or your server is offline or not generating. How difficult is it to create such a plugin as you have a lot more talent for this than me. ;)

Can a server directly e-mail someone or connect to a 3rd party e-mail like gmail and send notification that way?
The notifications part is something that needs to be built into the timekoin server itself. There isn't really a way to inject HTML code into the UI template to display the notification. I could write a plugin, but you would need the plugin open all the time to see the notification. Kind of defeats the purpose. This could be a feature request.

As to the email notification for generation status, I could probably modify my KeyInfo plugin to make it a service and send an email if the generation has lapsed to more than an hour or something. I will have to find a more reliable way to figure out last generation time. My current method in KeyInfo seems to vary a bit. I think that is due to the changing nature of the generation peer list. I will have to hit up KnightMB...
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

Sorry, my mistake, notify like I get a e-mail for example.