KeyInfo plugin

Plugin Support Discussion
warmach

KeyInfo plugin

Post by warmach »

I wrote a plugin that pulls balance and generation stats for any public key. Simply provide it a public key or easy key and it will pull the balance, generation amount, how long it has been generating, and time since last generation. It also has the ability to save easy keys so you can easily refresh the data. Personally, I'm using it to keep an eye on my generation servers without having to log into each one.

I developed this using a Raspberry Pi and it works pretty smoothly. The only catch is that the first time you look up a public key/easy key it may take a while to look up the balance and build the balance index. After that, it should be able to calculate the balance pretty quickly. So be patient in the beginning.

I only allow the saving of easy keys. Afterall, who can read a public key with font size 3? The only drawback is that you may lose some privacy because all your server keys would be registered with the easy key service.

Future updates:
Suggestions welcome

New Version

v0.2
  • Plugin update feature (requires Timekoin Server v3.3 or higher)
    View Public Key transactions
To install, you can either overwrite the existing file in the plugins directory or delete and re-add the plugin from the server UI.

EDIT: 3-7-2014 9:52 EST => Uploaded new plugin version
Attachments
keyinfo.php.txt
remove ".txt" before installing
(16.69 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Last edited by warmach on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: KeyInfo plugin

Post by KnightMB »

It works very well for me, I put about 7 keys into mine, pulls up all the info right away.

So the future is a one-click history? Very nice!

In app auto-update, I can already feel my code fingers hurting for that one :mrgreen:
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

Cool this would be an admins dream plugin, monitor many servers from one place, balance details, etc. Works for me just fine, guess I need to create some more easy keys to get more into the list :D
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

Hey cool just noticed this very handy!!
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

Wonderful plugin! It can be used so quickly and easily, I love it! :D
whiteb

Post by whiteb »

What does it do when you first run it ?

I installed it on to my PI (3.49), and the Keyinfo tab appeared. I clicked Keyinfo to see the page, but the webpages locked up, and I lost access to SSH (Putty), I think Pi locked up. Does it do a massive SQL scan or something ?

[edit[ I rebooted the PI (As i could not SSH to the pi), and when it rebooted I logged in to SSH, and loaded TOP, PI is back running, but it seems that the plugin has not loaded, its not in the plugin list on the plugin page. I dont know what is wrong :)
warmach

Post by warmach »

whiteb wrote:What does it do when you first run it ?

I installed it on to my PI (3.49), and the Keyinfo tab appeared. I clicked Keyinfo to see the page, but the webpages locked up, and I lost access to SSH (Putty), I think Pi locked up. Does it do a massive SQL scan or something ?

[edit[ I rebooted the PI (As i could not SSH to the pi), and when it rebooted I logged in to SSH, and loaded TOP, PI is back running, but it seems that the plugin has not loaded, its not in the plugin list on the plugin page. I dont know what is wrong :)

Sounds weird. The plugin only looks in the options table for saved easy keys and looks if there is an update on the server when loaded. My guess is that the plugin import failed somehow. Did you modify the file extension so it is only keyinfo.php

The plugin will not be listed on the server homepage as it is not a service plugin.

I will try loading it up myself and make sure the install works for me.

EDIT:

I downloaded the file from the forms and installed a server that has never had the plugin before. It loaded up quickly for me with no issues. Not exactly sure what the problem is on your Pi (I have it running on two Pi also). It might have been bad timing with your system locking up. Can you remove the plugin from the "Manage Plugins" area and then re-install it? Make sure you remove the ".txt" from the end of the file name before installing to the server. Let me know how that goes. I may be slow to respond. Lots of family stuff going on and I do not know how much extra time I will have available in the next several days.
whiteb

Post by whiteb »

warmach wrote: EDIT:

I downloaded the file from the forms and installed a server that has never had the plugin before. It loaded up quickly for me with no issues. Not exactly sure what the problem is on your Pi (I have it running on two Pi also). It might have been bad timing with your system locking up. Can you remove the plugin from the "Manage Plugins" area and then re-install it? Make sure you remove the ".txt" from the end of the file name before installing to the server. Let me know how that goes. I may be slow to respond. Lots of family stuff going on and I do not know how much extra time I will have available in the next several days.
After the PI rebooted, I checked the plugins directory, the Keyinfo plugin was gone (by itself), and yes the file was renamed.

Anyway, Plugin reinstalled, Keyinfo tab appeared and it seems to load this time. Just seems to have been one of those erroneous bit farts.