Automated Transfer Plugin

Plugin Support Discussion
KnightMB
Site Admin

Automated Transfer Plugin

Post by KnightMB »

To throw my hat into the ring with plugins, I will probably create a very simple plugin service that will transfer currency from the server to whatever public key you want on an automated basis. So for example, you have some server sitting on a hosting provider somewhere generating currency, you could have it transfer some certain amount or maybe all of it to your public key at home every night for example. Depending on how fancy it could be, might even be useful as sort of an automated payment system as well. :mrgreen:

[edit: Moved install file to this post]

Find the updated plugin at github where all the other official plugins are kept now.

https://github.com/knightmb/timekoin/tr ... ial/Server
joanofarc

Re: Automated Transfer Plugin

Post by joanofarc »

I'll give it a try, just post it up here when you have something that an be tested.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

It's complete and tested (well by me anyway, might still be some bugs). :D

It's in the github source now as an officially supported plugin, but I'll attach it to this topic as well.

It's very simple, easy to figure out plugin.
After installation, you will need to enable it. Next go to the options tab and use the tab management button at the bottom "menu tabs" to have it show the plugin tab up top. Timekoin will have to be stopped, graceful shutdown, then started again for the service to run. Once the plugin service is running, you should see it on the home tab.

The "AutoTX" tab should be on the menu now where you can create task, delete task, see status, etc.

The task are scanned every minute by the service.
Description of each 4 types of task.
  1. One Time Delay transfers countdown and self-disable after doing one transaction.
  2. Repeating Delay transfers will reset after doing one transaction and begin another countdown.
  3. One Time Amount Match transfers will do one transaction after the key balance is equal to or greater than the target balance.
  4. Repeating Amount Match transfer will do one transaction every transaction cycle when the key balance remains equal to or greater than the target balance.
The utility part is that you can schedule a transfer for later and not be around while the server is running. You can put any private/public key in the task, not just the server keys. Easy Key support and allows up to 33 task to be setup.

Enjoy!!

[edit: Moved file to first topic post]
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

Awesome, it really works! I can see this being helpful for server operators that have multiple servers. When currency is created, the server can transfer it to a personal billfold every day for example. This way, if the server were to get compromised for some reason (OS hack, stolen password, etc), all your currency would be safe elsewhere. :)

Really good job on this plugin, simple and straight forward, and works!!
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

Simple and easy, works like it should. I like that.
smooj

Post by smooj »

Hi,
Since version 3.2 this pluging doesn't seem to want to start

On the home tab it always says:

Auto Currency Transfer NA

Does it need CLI mode enabled?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

smooj wrote:Hi,
Since version 3.2 this pluging doesn't seem to want to start

On the home tab it always says:

Auto Currency Transfer NA

Does it need CLI mode enabled?
Yes, currently "Service" plugins need CLI mode enabled.

After the alternate CLI mode was introduced, there was not time to test the plugin structure with it yet. Did not want to leave any users stuck in limbo because currently they won't start with CLI mode disabled for example, so it just logs that "plugins can't start with CLI disabled" until this it tested and updated properly.
smooj

Post by smooj »

Still can't get this one to start on version 3.36?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

smooj wrote:Still can't get this one to start on version 3.36?
Do it show started in the logs "Filter my Main Program" or failed?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

I forgot to mention, be sure you enable the plugin after installation, all plugins are disabled by default for security reasons.