Forgotten password

Timekoin Client not working? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
Payday

Forgotten password

Post by Payday »

Hi, been away from the cyrptocurrency scene lately but want to start again/continue.

Trouble is i cant remember my password for the client and dont know where my key is. Is there anything i can do?
PoisonWolf

Re: Forgotten password

Post by PoisonWolf »

Payday wrote:Hi, been away from the cyrptocurrency scene lately but want to start again/continue.

Trouble is i cant remember my password for the client and dont know where my key is. Is there anything i can do?
Sorry mate. If you don't have your private/public key, your money is as good as gone. =(
natugle

Post by natugle »

If you still have your MySQL database you can find your keys there.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

As long as your keys weren't encrypted with a password, you can technically get them back out of that database. But I think you mean just the login password? You could technically replace that password hash with the default one to reset it back to "12345" to get you back into the client.
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

Even if they are encrypted with a password, as long as you know the password and can recover them even in encrypted form you should still restore a system. :)
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

You mean the password used to encrypt your key, not get into the client? Because if you knew that password, you wouldn't need to do a manual recovery. :P
cointron

Post by cointron »

Payday wrote:Hi, been away from the cyrptocurrency scene lately but want to start again/continue.

Nothing to do. Same situation here. Time to start again!
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

cointron wrote:

Nothing to do. Same situation here. Time to start again!
Well played sir. Lol. 8-)