Client balance disappeared after upgrade to 1.25

Timekoin Client not working? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
d5000

Client balance disappeared after upgrade to 1.25

Post by d5000 »

Hi,

I have a problem with the Timekoin client. I have used the faucet some times and had a balance of about 35 TK. Now I upgraded from TK 1.2 to TK 1.25, using the same MySQL database. After the upgrade all Timekoins disappeared. Also all transactions to the client key were not shown anymore (so I assume the coins were not stolen).

The public and private keys were still available, so I backup'd them, created a new database and restored the private and public keys into the new Timekoin client instance. No luck, billfold continues at 0 after several TK cycles.

Is it possible that the upgrade changed my keys? Where are the keys stored? Is there a neutral "blockchain explorer" to see what happened to the transactions to my client's public key?

I also tried to go back to the old 1.2 client (using the old database), but there also billfold is 0.

I know it's a tiny amount, but I would like to know what to do with this kind of problems. And if it's a bug, perhaps I can help resolving it ...

(My server has also a strange problem, but I will open another thread as it seems unrelated.)

Regards, d5000
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: Client balance disappeared after upgrade to 1.25

Post by KnightMB »

Upgrade won't change your keys and your balance is probably still there, but it is probably related to the peers it polls from giving back no response. Which ones show up in the peer list?
d5000

Post by d5000 »

I see the following peers:

timekoin.com
timekoin.kicks-ass.net
wanip.org
timekoin2.dyndns.org
amt-wisp1.dyndns.org

Thanks!
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

As an experiment, go to the "Options" tab and reduce the number of maximum active peers to 1 and save it. Then go to the Peerlist tab and remove all peers except for Timekoin.com (this way, it eliminates polling issues with other peers). Then log out, wait about 30 seconds (wait for the cache to expire so it forces the client to have to re-poll for an updated balance). Log back in and see if the balance still comes up 0.

If it does come back 0 still and it should not be, PM me your public key and I'll investigate to see what is going on.
d5000

Post by d5000 »

Unfortunately it didn't work. But it has to do something with the connections to other peers.

In the log I get these messages:

No Peers Answered the Transaction History Poll
No Peers Answered the Transaction Totals & Amounts Query
No Peers Answered the Public Key Balance Poll

Are there some other "stable" peers to try to connect with? (I remember that with the "Nxt" cryptocurrency I had similar issues and there it was solved providing a "stable" peer list).
Another guess: Could it be a problem that I have the client running at the same computer (with the same IP address) than my TK server?
d5000

Post by d5000 »

Problem solved, billfold is there again :)

After following your advice with timekoin.com, I shut down my TK server, shut down Apache, Mysql and Firefox to avoid any cache or interference problems. Then I waited some minutes and connected again - and voilá, there is my awesome 37 timekoin fortune again :D

Thanks KnightMB!
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

Glad I could help, technology is great when it works, but when it doesn't :x :x