how many have registered so far?

Discussion of the 1,000 Timekoin bounty competition.
koinmaster

how many have registered so far?

Post by koinmaster »

As the subject says, just curious?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: how many have registered so far?

Post by KnightMB »

Not many, I do need to put up the chart for this though, I am glad you reminded me.
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

I registered early and still have yet to find a way to break this, kudos to you timekoin team because I know I have put more than 10k worth of time into this now trying to break it :cry:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

joanofarc wrote:I registered early and still have yet to find a way to break this, kudos to you timekoin team because I know I have put more than 10k worth of time into this now trying to break it :cry:
I am curious, what did you try? :geek:
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

A looooot of stuff :roll:

Had some friends help me out trying to break either the network or find some bug in the code somewhere. Whoever on the team wrote this must be a hacker because code is full of comments for "stop sql injection" and "stop brute force attack" :lol:

Let's just say, maybe you should just offer smaller prize amount for just "bugs" because the 1mil is probably way too big of a challenge for $10k
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

I think the bounty is geared more towards a flaw in the protocol that would affect everyone using it rather than if the menus are working correctly in the gui for example. :P
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

I rented a server with a ton of virtual IPs, so yeah I was serious about it. The only issue is, either you have to rent an actual 100 separate servers or your single server ends up getting DoS by 100x increase in traffic by pretending to be many IPs at once. :cry: :cry:
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

No offense, but anyone trying to win the bounty by renting severs or IPs needs to do the actual math on peer elections, generation rates and the amount of time it would take to get to a million. Sure, spend enough money, wait enough years and get the 1 million total after you spend 10 million dollars to win the 10k bounty :lol: :lol: I think it should be clear it is for security bugs, not those that are mathematically retarded (not saying you are, just general assumption to others)
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

Yes... :roll: :roll: :roll: I realized after I got into that part of it, it wouldn't work. But I did find a really obscure bug and knightmb did pay koins for trying at least :D

Why don't you make a spreadsheet for us or something smarty pants? :P :P :o
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

If I have time I will. Otherwise we will get tired of reading topics here of "I can rent thousands of servers and win this bounty in one week" topics :lol: :lol: