1K Bounty Rules Review

Discussion of the 1,000 Timekoin bounty competition.
KnightMB
Site Admin

1K Bounty Rules Review

Post by KnightMB »

As the subject says, I wanted to keep it focused, here are the current rules that would be used. Feedback is certainly welcome.
  1. Bounty Registration Starts on (date not determined yet)
  2. The Public Key that will bring in the bounty must be registered first with the following details:
    -- Name / Group / Anonymous
    -- Public Key where the balance can be monitored
  3. Stealing from other users that goes outside of any Timekoin software specific bugs or hacks are not allowed.
  4. The bounty reward starts at $1000.00 USD.
  5. Any declared winners must be verified by the Timekoin Team first before it becomes official.
  6. Bounty Winner(s) will be paid these designated forms if possible and by choice of the bounty winner
    *Check
    *Cash
    *Digital Currency and/or Online Payment System
  7. The bounty is collected by exchanging the 1,000 balance for the bounty amount.
  8. Any information about any exploit or bug used or in part to obtain the 1K must be disclosed to collect the bounty.
  9. Donations for the bounty to increase the amount is allowed. Check the website to see what the new bounty amount is up to.
Plans are to create separate a "score board" on the main website that list the top group / public key with the highest balance.

***Updated 1/15/2016
koinmaster

Re: 1M Bounty Rules Review

Post by koinmaster »

So what if someone or something gets to 1 million and they do not want to collect the bounty? :lol:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

koinmaster wrote:So what if someone or something gets to 1 million and they do not want to collect the bounty? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Well then we hope they share how they did it to further improve the security of Timekoin :D
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

I guess that would defeat the point then. :D

Would be strange to have someone do it though, no money wanted, just the thrill of discovering some way to exploit timekoin. :ugeek:
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

I just thought of something else, make sure the rules say that the party/person/whoever needs to disclose what bug or exploit they used (if they did use one) as part of the bounty agreement, otherwise someone just finds some exploit, uses it, collects bounty, then just keeps using the exploit. :roll:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

That would seem obvious, but you are right, if it is not "technically" in there, someone will cry they don't have to disclose anything, good catch. :geek:
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

I see the section is up on the main site now, I'll be ready come next week. :ugeek:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

koinmaster wrote:I see the section is up on the main site now, I'll be ready come next week. :ugeek:
Just so it is clear, the website has the official rules. Everything here was the discussion beforehand since some users have asked. :)