registration troubles

Discussion, Feedback, and Technical Support for the Timekoin Market hosted at timekoin.com
xorgnak

registration troubles

Post by xorgnak »

I've been trying to register for the timekoin market for about an hour now with no luck. I've tried both supplying my public key directly, and generating an easy key with the same result. I'd like to do some timekoin mining and trading but can't get past the registration. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone have any advice? Is there an irc channel to check for help? Thanks.
tiker

Re: registration troubles

Post by tiker »

What part of the registration are you getting stuck at? Error messages?

It's been a long time since I registered for the market so I don't remember the steps.
xorgnak

Post by xorgnak »

I keep getting a public key error. I've regenerated public keys with and without passphrases, and used the easykey mechanism. both generate the same error which is a bright red "public key error" at the bottom of the screen.
tiker

Post by tiker »

I don't think you're using the right keys since you're referencing pass phrases.

If you are planning on generating (mining) TimeKoins, you'll need to download the TimeKoin server and get it running. (You'll need to keep it running and available publicly, etc...). From there you create a TimeKoin key pair (public & private key). That public key is what the market is looking for. It should start off with "LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVV" and will be close to 500 characters long. This public key is TimeKoin's version of a "1LFNAfbMFdvk1UfjtX2XWn677B6zockRCr" Bitcoin address. It is the address people send you TimeKoins so don't lose it (or the private key that goes with it).

If you can't run a full TimeKoin server, you can generate a public / private key from the TimeKoin client but you can't generate TimeKoins with the TimeKoin client.