Help Testing Timekoin Market

Discussion, Feedback, and Technical Support for the Timekoin Market hosted at timekoin.com
koinmaster

Re: Help Testing Timekoin Market

Post by koinmaster »

I really liked the self regulating of disputes myself, something that I have never seen anywhere else before. :D

Sounds like one bad rating and your account is toast. That could be a good thing for keeping out scammers but a bad thing for newbies getting abused, frustrated and leave. Is there a way recover from bad ratings putting you into the negative with no return?

I agree with smarty, give us doing the testing a rating bump when it goes live ;)
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

One more thing, what happens to this market forum when the real market goes live? Thought I might ask. :?:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

koinmaster wrote:One more thing, what happens to this market forum when the real market goes live? Thought I might ask. :?:
It will become more like a discussion/support forum for members. That way any issues, bugs, member complaints about other members for example have a place to go.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

koinmaster wrote:I really liked the self regulating of disputes myself, something that I have never seen anywhere else before. :D

Sounds like one bad rating and your account is toast. That could be a good thing for keeping out scammers but a bad thing for newbies getting abused, frustrated and leave. Is there a way recover from bad ratings putting you into the negative with no return?

I agree with smarty, give us doing the testing a rating bump when it goes live ;)
If a new user hits a negative rating right away, then the hope is that keeps away the users wanting to cause problems for other members. The forum would be the place to come and have the rating restored (perhaps someone did a negative rating by accident for example). A more complex system could be fashioned in the future, but for now it would be best to keep things simple. I don't have a problem with giving initial members that were testing a rating boost for helping, but don't expect a +1000 rating boost to start :P
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

koinmaster wrote:I really liked the self regulating of disputes myself, something that I have never seen anywhere else before. :D

I enjoyed it, gives me more sense of control where the market has the ability for me to do more than just buy and sell like a robot. :lol:

I vote to leave it the way it is now, you get a negative rating, your account is basically useless until you appeal it somewhere (here I guess?) otherwise it will be too easy for a bunch of other digital currency vigilantes to come and try to mess it up by scaring away genuine newcomers to the currency. Given that it takes one person to rate another person with a negative comment, it is going to take some effort to get banned from the market I suspect. :mrgreen:

I would like to add, the 8 hour delay on account creation should be raised higher, 24 hours sounds better. Why else is anyone going to be making account after account unless to find some way to harass other market users? If someone really needs or wants multiple accounts, one a day is not that long to wait in my opinion. :shock:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

joanofarc wrote:I would like to add, the 8 hour delay on account creation should be raised higher, 24 hours sounds better. Why else is anyone going to be making account after account unless to find some way to harass other market users? If someone really needs or wants multiple accounts, one a day is not that long to wait in my opinion. :shock:
Point well taken, thanks! :)
jambo58

Post by jambo58 »

Quick q.

How does the 0.003% fee calculate for a low tk listing such as 10, 20 or 30 tk?

Considering tk is a whole unit with no fractions
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

jambo58 wrote:Quick q.

How does the 0.003% fee calculate for a low tk listing such as 10, 20 or 30 tk?

Considering tk is a whole unit with no fractions
It rounds down, so 10 TK would have a percentage fee of 0 for example. But there is still the 1 TK part, mainly to discourage spamming the market over and over.

I am looking to add a simple calculator that updates with totals, because I just noticed when creating a sell item you have to kind of do the math in your head first, would be helpful if the site did it for you on the fly.
jambo58

Post by jambo58 »

Ok gotchya

Another ting I've noticed is that in the buyer info field when creating a buy order is that you don't actually get 255 characters for info as the pre stamped "buyer created transaction" takes up some of that space.

So I had a URL that was cut short and I checked my character count before submitting :)
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

Some quick javascript is setup to calculate sell + fee price on the fly now. Fees are low anyway, but it helps to avoid creating an item at full account price and finding you need 1 or 2 extra TK to cover the fee. :shock:

Another user suggested a receipt system for delivery so one can save or e-mail a link and have the market produce a "receipt" once a transaction is completed in case there is any question or dispute about it later. Also helpful if someone tries to claim that one user did deliver the TK in a transaction to that user properly. This will produce an "archive" if needed by members to settle any disputes outside of the market where a 3rd party gets involved (*cough* paypal for example). Just like shipping items can have delivery confirmation from the carrier, the receipts serves as confirmation for payment inside the market.

The receipt IDs will be random generated 48 characters so they are as private as the members that keep them. Unless needed, no one will be able to randomly guess at the receipt ID to try and pull up sale details that are usually private between members.