Help Testing Timekoin Market

Discussion, Feedback, and Technical Support for the Timekoin Market hosted at timekoin.com
KnightMB
Site Admin

Help Testing Timekoin Market

Post by KnightMB »

As the subject says, I have been (not so much in secret, but in my spare time) working on a Market site for Timekoin where anyone can trade for it between currency, digital currency, etc.

I need people to help test it before going live, but I can't have people rushing in to try and sell from it while full of bugs or missing help text for example. For testing, I'll give the participates real timekoins to test with (so in case something goes wrong, you won't lose any timekoins you have acquired yourself).

PM (private message) me if you are interested with the subject "Timekoin Market Testing" and I'll add you to my BCC list here (so everyone can stay private if they prefer) and I will message further instructions on what to do, when to test it, etc. Just send me what address to send the koins to (easy key or full key if you prefer) and once I get ready for a live test, I'll transfer everyone some koins and give further instructions on how to start. :D

And as always, being beta, expect bugs or weirdness to happen during testing. :lol:
joanofarc

Re: Help Testing Timekoin Market

Post by joanofarc »

I love beta bugs, sign me up! :lol: :lol:
whiteb

Post by whiteb »

joanofarc wrote:I love beta bugs, sign me up! :lol: :lol:
Not if you lose half your trade :oops:
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

Market Testing is Open, PM me if you want to participate (if you have not already PM me earlier :shock: )
warmach

Post by warmach »

Did I just crash the market? I tried something weird and now I can't reach the market. Or was it just coincidence?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

warmach wrote:Did I just crash the market? I tried something weird and now I can't reach the market. Or was it just coincidence?
Wish I had seen this message earlier, might be an ISP blip on my side, seems to be a lot of weird ISP stuff going on this week. Seems to be working fine still, but I wish I could have caught it earlier today. :?
lanzarote

Post by lanzarote »

Sign me up.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

lanzarote wrote:Sign me up.
PM sent! :D
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

To continue the discussion since a lot of members here have been very helpful with testing and feedback. Thanks to all of them so far! :mrgreen:

What would be some fair "defaults" for new members? What should veteran members gain as they use the Market, gain higher and higher ratings from good item trades, etc? This is just an example, thoughts and feedback are certainly welcome. We have been experimenting in the market with virtual abuse to see how easy it is for a newbie to come in and disrupt things for a veteran member, so that is where some of these values come from for new members.

Newbie Member
5; // Max Sell Items
3; // Max Buy Items
2; // Max Sell Disputes
2; // Max Buy Disputes
0; // Maximum number of *other* disputes member can join
25; // Minimum Combined Reputation Score to join Dispute Jury

Veteran Member
+1 // Max Sell Items every 20 positive selling rating
+1 // Max Buy Items every 20 positive buy rating
+1 // Max Sell Disputes every 25 positive sell rating
+1 // Max Buy Disputes every 25 positive buy rating
+1 // Max dispute member join every 25 combined reputation positive rating

Server Flood Settings
1 PM every 30 seconds
1 TK withdraw every 1 Hour
1 Juror Vote after Joining Dispute - 10 minute delay (make them at least read about what is going on)
1 Juror Vote every 60 seconds (figured why not, would be annoying to have someone keep flipping the votes around)
1 Withdraw after 24 hours for winning a force transaction dispute
1 Account Creation every 8 Hours (IP+Account enforced)
Members with Negative Ratings can't Buy anything
Members with Negative Ratings can't leave Negative feedback (only neutral)
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

I think the defaults for newbies is more than fair, the interesting part is that when the market opens, everyone will in essence be a newbie, how would you help to curve disruptions for the official opening?

On suggestion is to give all the people who helped to test a bump in the rating so they can help weed out the eventual scam artist that will come to the market looking for easy victims. I do like the self policing aspects of it, so as long as enough honest members can help keep it running, I think it will work out very good for everyone here.