Version 3.36x & Beyond - Feature Request

Development & Technical discussion about Timekoin.
Forum rules
Bug Collecting Database is Click Here
GitHub Account is Click Here
KnightMB
Site Admin

Version 3.36x & Beyond - Feature Request

Post by KnightMB »

This topic will serve as a place to discuss new features or bug fixes for the future. Currently on the list below.
  1. Generation System that is IPv6 Compatible ***under development***
  2. Easy Key stored in Transaction History (eliminate need for external web server to look-up)
Anything else added to the list, I will update this topic with the new addition.
Last edited by KnightMB on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated
koinmaster

Re: Version 3.36x & Beyond - Feature Request

Post by koinmaster »

I saw the discussion about easy key and security, why not add that to the to-do list of things to code in. Seems at least logical in mind that storing an easy key in the transaction history is quite easy and will protect it from tampering at the most extreme encryption level I know of :D
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

koinmaster wrote:I saw the discussion about easy key and security, why not add that to the to-do list of things to code in. Seems at least logical in mind that storing an easy key in the transaction history is quite easy and will protect it from tampering at the most extreme encryption level I know of :D
Updated list!
collapse

Post by collapse »

100 tx second requires (100 * 60 * 5) / 100 = 300 IPs
1) Avoid limit of 100 tx per IP, and replace it with heuristic algorithm.
2) Add postgres support.
3) Allow flag in tx for transparent encrypt&decrypt in of messages (with keys).

To be continued ...
My TK public key:

Code: Select all

LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVVBQTRITkFEQ0J5UUtCd1FEQVZnL0w2OHorWUdab3dRRC92Sy93UmcwZDZLQlNoOG1DcFUzQwppZ1N4RjV4UUFMVUFWTEk4eElEUTFpTXFnUVlBanp3OFBGd1NtT0U2blpOV3dxSjVDeFRibS96NS9iQVZONnNNMys0M0VqdEZFdmhpCkxpNmhnZU9TWE05ZmsvNmlCSFQxQ0pnOVZiS25uRVlhemU1cHVKRHhtM0pWSlNZWGhNNHpqY2plMERsV1Fta1ArNnB2bTVZNkwxbEkKSHFaT0ZwdEZWV3dnVzE0NDFyd0E0MDU5YVJPOEJEbDZhS3VzWTVDblhPQnNLU251dGVUS1hHU1htK3FFam91M0dzVUNBd0VBQVE9PQotLS0tLUVORCBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0=
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

collapse wrote:100 tx second requires (100 * 60 * 5) / 100 = 300 IPs
1) Avoid limit of 100 tx per IP, and replace it with heuristic algorithm.
That is by design, otherwise any large entity could game the algorithm to push out individuals. A large corporation that wants to process +1000 transactions every 5 minutes would need to use their own resources to build the server farm to support it instead of pushing it off on the network to take care of.
2) Add postgres support.
The implementation uses either MariaDB or mySQL, but that is only to make it more widely compatible. There is no technical barrier to hinder PostgreSQL implementation as no DB specific features are being used (it it just tables and indexes, nothing more) and I would love to get it working myself due to the advantages of PostgreSQL, just time and resources have been a limiting factor and Timekoin is very DB lightweight by design.
3) Allow flag in tx for transparent encrypt&decrypt in of messages (with keys).

To be continued ...
Actually, I think that would be a great feature myself since it would be easy to use some AES for the data and have some stored keys on the server or client to auto-decrypt it. The message field was added as a "just because we can" feature very early in the beginning, but now it turns out to be a very useful feature.