TK Project

Development & Technical discussion about Timekoin.
Forum rules
Bug Collecting Database is Click Here
GitHub Account is Click Here
dangermouse

TK Project

Post by dangermouse »

Dear All,

I am working on a new iteration of the TK project for 2017.

Although based on the initial TK code, the new project has a number of different features / concepts:
  • Use of sound economic principles to guide generation (inflationary model based on a reduction algorithm to keep within a soft inflationary target)
    A combination of different generating concepts (nodes - full participants / clients - ad-hoc participants)
    Distributed integrated marketplace
    Distributed integrated messaging system
    Distributed integrated asset registration / transfer system
    Distributed auditing system
    Distributed digital asset storage system
    Public Key Server
    Automatic Node DNS round robin based on Node list
    Transaction storage system to facilitate the use of Vouchers / Pre-Paid Debit Cards / Store-and-Collect / Escrow
    GnuPG based Key system
I am looking for participants to develop the project. Initially there will be a requirement for:
  • Artwork Development and ideas for the name of the project
    Coders to assist with the development of the code / plugins (PHP / Java / .NET & Mono)
    HTML designers / developers to assist with the development of the server interface / client
    Network Testers
In addition, there is a requirement for someone to assist with putting together the main website (based on Drupal), forums (phpBB) and to assist with managing it.

The core code will be written in PHP - this will become the default, project "Node" code. All full nodes will be webserver based on PHP. An initial Web Based client will be produced and followed with Windows / Linux and Android native Clients. The DB will be MySQL / MariaDB based with MariaDB as the recommended back-end for Node storage and SQLite/JavaDB for Client storage.

If you are interested in participating, let me know what you are able to help with. I am looking to arrange an IRC meetup session in the new year to discuss, I will post further details once I have an idea of who can / wants to help.

..Dangermouse
natugle

Re: TK Project

Post by natugle »

It would be great if we somehow could continue the project, especially if we can agree on "sound economic principles" ;-)

I have worked to modify an existing exhange software in PHP from bitcoin to timekoin but put it on hold when the Timekoin project stopped. I think that could be usefull as a part of a new TK project.

Hope some more will join

natuge
funnow

Post by funnow »

Dangermouse and natugle - in few days I'm registering a new domain for TK based project. Please send me your details (email) privatelly. So we can move over.

I also have some good idea to implement. If I were a programmer the new TK based coin will be out with the exchange. I'm in also for test and I can put some servers for allow people to connect.

So please both contact me. And we will start a total new concept.
smooj

Post by smooj »

Count me in...
funnow

Post by funnow »

dangermouse, I have write you 2 PM and you didn't answer. We are 3 interested to continue the project, so please answer so we could do some serious business.
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Firstly, Thank you to everyone who has responded.

I wanted to clear a couple of things up and post an update.

The generation algorithm has already been developed. I do not anticipate changing this unless there is a sound economic principle to do so.

I am not interested in developing just another cryptocoin. What I am aiming to develop is a digital currency infrastructure that enables other people to build apps and services on top. This will enable others to develop their own ideas, apps and services whilst using the core currency network as the underlying technology.

Any future development must have mainstream use as a target, not simply to develop alt-coin speculation on exchanges. This element is non negotiable as far as I am concerned. We do not need just another alt-coin. We need a digital currency framework that enables and empowers individuals whether they are a rural farmer in a developing country or a business wanting to sell goods. If an app doesn't exist someone should be able to develop it and connect into the core currency network. It should facilitate and expand trade and wealth generation for all.

For example, someone might use the core network to integrate it into their software as a payment mechanism or, perhaps to develop an ATM application to facilitate automatic currency exchange locally.

Any new alt-coin must be able to integrate into existing financial infrastructure to be a mainstream contender. The targets therefore must be centered around quality code, sound security and features that will develop incentives to get people to adopt. Eg. A good range of clients, good UX design, etc.

I see a core solid API at the heart of the node code with applications developed around it.

I appreciate this may mean some of you who have responded will fall by the way side on this and that's fine.

So far, only one additional programmer has committed to the project. We need more programmers, both to help with developing the core code and to develop initial apps and services based on it. Initially this would be to implement the basic network functionality and apps.

There is a lot to do and whilst developing the brand is exciting, if there is no product there is nothing to develop a brand for.

I am happy to accept anonymous programmers to the project. You can submit your code via a number of different methods if you wish to remain anonymous and there is no requirement to have your real name attached to the project at all.

I hope this clarifies my vision and look forward to receiving your interest in the project.
smooj

Post by smooj »

Agreed on all fronts.

Do you think there's potential to implement smart contracts?
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

smooj wrote:Agreed on all fronts.

Do you think there's potential to implement smart contracts?
Absolutely. Functionality like this can easily be created via plugins. One of the things I would like to do is build in "feature growth" this would enable new features such as this to be added without affecting the primary block chain.

One of the differences I am envisaging is a linked set of block chains - this would make it very different from the way NXT, Ripple, etc. work. They integrate lots of different transactions into a single block chain. I am proposing to use multiple chains linked together via the primary block chain. This means the primary chain remains focussed on currency transactions and currency generation with links to additonal chains to support additonal features. This will reduce bandwidth and storage requirements for clients not using additonal features and makes it very easy to introduce new transaction types supported by the primary chain mechanism.

We would still have to work out the full mechanics for implementation of this but I am confident it can be achieved.
smooj

Post by smooj »

Should we start using a communication channel we have more control over? Whatsapp or something?

I can stand up a CMS site for us in a few minutes if it'd be helpful
evoked

Post by evoked »

Hi mates,

Good to see some activity. It has been dead here for some time. I am not sure whether you are thinking of restarting Timekoin but i hope thats not the case.

In general i can offer my services:

- Web development ( i dont see why the site should be in Drupal, its highly unnecessary. I can get it going in Wordpress pretty easily). I made the website for many altcoins and even the current BITNATION website.

- I am also a pretty good designer. I can send you some stuff if in doubt. But would be more than happy to help.

- I also worked as a journalist for a long time. I can help with PR work and Press releases etc.

I think we should get slack going for us or if you want the open source version, we can use https://rocket.chat/

Those are the things i can help with :) -- let me know how to proceed.
Keep TimeKoin Alive!