What does "Key Not In Generation Peer List" mean?

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
PoisonWolf

What does "Key Not In Generation Peer List" mean?

Post by PoisonWolf »

I've been seeing the following and I was wondering if anyone could explain what the following means?

Code: Select all

Key Not in Generation Peer List: LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVVBQTRITkFEQ0J5UUtCd1FDN0J6NGxGNjBtTnRtRnhQMmVaWnFnUWNjSkZGVlJXU0NKejBLagovZEo0ZThqUTdvMWRqNEVvVnh5WEdzYTRHWW5kc3NKTExNayt1ZVpuemVjb3N3QWRVUUlxT3dmOFN4TGV2WUx
Is someone trying to say that they have generated currency despite not having been elected?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: What does "Key Not In Generation Peer List" mean?

Post by KnightMB »

I show the same in my server logs:

Key Not in Generation Peer List: LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVVBQTRITkFEQ0J5UUtCd1FDN0J6NGxGNjBtTnRtRnhQMmVaWnFnUWNjSkZGVlJXU0NKejBLagovZEo0ZThqUTdvMWRqNEVvVnh5WEdzYTRHWW5kc3NKTExNayt1ZVpuemVjb3N3QWRVUUlxT3dmOFN4TGV2WUx
It means someone created a transaction to generate currency and that key is not in the elected list. It could be attempt to find ways to exploit the system, it could a server that has a system clock that is waaaay out of time sync, it could a system that is having some other type of unknown error.

I see that error right after this usually. It is usually that 1 denied transaction.

Treasurer Processed 33 Transactions in 0 seconds.
[32] Successful -- [1] Denied
I did a search of that key through the log history and never see any mention of it being elected, trying to be elected, etc. So it would seem it is more than a server having issues, I lean towards the "someone is trying out the security" functions. :D