Timekoin VPS Services & Feedback

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Timekoin VPS Services & Feedback

Post by KnightMB »

There is a lot of good information scattered around, so I wanted to gather it up all in one place.

To start, Warmach wrote a great step-by-step guide (Click Here) for someone wanting to build a new one from scratch on the Digital Ocean VPS service. Also consider using his referral link if you decide to use Digital Ocean for any new servers as a way to thank him for the time he spent putting it all together.

Second, for those that might not be comfortable working in the command line or just want to have a quick server setup for them to access and run, I have put together a template CentOS 7 system image that I can just copy and send to you via Digital Ocean image transfer. This way you can be up and running quickly without needing a lot of technical experience. It might also be a good way to test the waters of using Timekoin without having to make a large time or financial investment in the network. If you want a copy of the template image, just e-mail me at tkimage@timekoin.org with the subject "Digital Ocean Timekoin Image" and put the e-mail address that you use in Digital Ocean for me to send a copy to. I will also write up a quick start PDF to send back to give you directions on how to set it up.

More information will certainly be added to this as it is compiled together, but I thought these two would be a good start. Many other VPS services exist and any experience with those would be greatly appreciated to have it posted in this topic.
Smarty

Re: Timekoin VPS Services & Feedback

Post by Smarty »

Thanks, I forgot how cheap digital ocean was. I still have my keys in backup, can I just load them in and go with a new server or do I have to start over? :(
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

Smarty wrote:Thanks, I forgot how cheap digital ocean was. I still have my keys in backup, can I just load them in and go with a new server or do I have to start over? :(
You can just load them in and it should show your old key balance fairly quickly.
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

Wow, that is all it took. I thought all the history and stuff would be gone, but everything is still in there, even my comments. :lol: It's like I never left, had no idea it was designed like that. 8-) 8-) 8-)
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

I keep my keys on paper, hope I never have to type all that back in :lol:
bucket

Post by bucket »

joanofarc wrote:I keep my keys on paper, hope I never have to type all that back in :lol:
Cheap flash drive works for me.