Kicked from generating again......

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
tiker

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by tiker »

Is this you?
Domain (tk.stacked.co.nz) IP (121.99.188.197) & Encoded IP (121.99.176.135) DO NOT MATCH for Public Key: LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVVBQTRITkFEQ0J5UUtCd1FDNDEzenFDejdCR3UwTmRMNGtYTlJsSVRpdXRBV2Rram44aXJmNgppRlZXYlhmbWp
I haven't seen anything else yet.
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

tiker wrote:Is this you?
Domain (tk.stacked.co.nz) IP (121.99.188.197) & Encoded IP (121.99.176.135) DO NOT MATCH for Public Key: LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQVUJMSUMgS0VZLS0tLS0KTUlIZk1BMEdDU3FHU0liM0RRRUJBUVVBQTRITkFEQ0J5UUtCd1FDNDEzenFDejdCR3UwTmRMNGtYTlJsSVRpdXRBV2Rram44aXJmNgppRlZXYlhmbWp
I haven't seen anything else yet.
Nope, that isn't me. I'll PM you my IP for this server. EDIT: Looks like you disabled your PM feature.
tiker

Post by tiker »

PoisonWolf wrote:Nope, that isn't me. I'll PM you my IP for this server. EDIT: Looks like you disabled your PM feature.
I disable PM on all boards I have accounts on. I hate having to go to different sites to read messages, when I can have them delivered to me directly by smtp email or xmpp instant messaging.

That was the one log entry I saw jumping out at me. My server was also refreshing the generation list reporting it had become stale but I was looking at a server that hadn't been elected yet.

I haven't had a chance to finish reading the generating / peer synchronization code yet. (Actually I forgot about it working on a project for a possible TimeKoin web wallet & exchange site.) I'll try to figure it out tonight.
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

tiker wrote:
PoisonWolf wrote:Nope, that isn't me. I'll PM you my IP for this server. EDIT: Looks like you disabled your PM feature.
I disable PM on all boards I have accounts on. I hate having to go to different sites to read messages, when I can have them delivered to me directly by smtp email or xmpp instant messaging.

That was the one log entry I saw jumping out at me. My server was also refreshing the generation list reporting it had become stale but I was looking at a server that hadn't been elected yet.

I haven't had a chance to finish reading the generating / peer synchronization code yet. (Actually I forgot about it working on a project for a possible TimeKoin web wallet & exchange site.) I'll try to figure it out tonight.
Screw it. I'm just going to merge my servers into one public key. Timekoin's generation is reliably unreliable. Going solo is almost a surefire way to fail long-term.
templebar

Post by templebar »

PoisonWolf wrote: Screw it. I'm just going to merge my servers into one public key. Timekoin's generation is reliably unreliable. Going solo is almost a surefire way to fail long-term.
Do you export the public key and private key from i running instance to all the other ones, so that they all have the same public key and private key.

Is this how you achieve it?
Thanks
Time is Money
warmach

Post by warmach »

templebar wrote:
PoisonWolf wrote: Screw it. I'm just going to merge my servers into one public key. Timekoin's generation is reliably unreliable. Going solo is almost a surefire way to fail long-term.
Do you export the public key and private key from i running instance to all the other ones, so that they all have the same public key and private key.

Thanks
Yes, you can just copy the keys to a new server. You can have as many servers you want with the same key but you will only generate once for that single key pair
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

templebar wrote:

Thanks
Yup. Just have the same private key & public key for each server, as Warmach have said. Only one instance of generation will be counted. The rest will be ignored. So if one server goes down, the second server will take its place, etc.
tiker

Post by tiker »

Kicked again... this joke is getting pretty old....

[ 1398056644 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 01:04:04
Generation Peer List has Become Stale, Attemping to Purge and Rebuild.
GP

[ 1398056061 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:54:21
GP

[ 1398055552 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:45:52
GP

[ 1398054738 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:32:18
GP

[ 1398053925 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:18:45
GP

[ 1398053374 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:09:34
GP

I think there's a way to exploit the generating peers list, and I think someone figured out how to do it. Time to see if I can exploit it as well to get my server back into the generation list without being re-elected.
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

I noticed it this morning as well. I saw that it was at 93+ elected peers yesterday, but then today it was down to a staggering 81 elected peers. I have yet to see the peer list go higher than 100. I don't know if it's a code limitation (array limit?) or if Tiker, as you say, that it is currently stealthily being exploited somehow. My servers are still elected, however, as I'm running two on the same key for redundancy.
tiker wrote:Kicked again... this joke is getting pretty old....

[ 1398056644 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 01:04:04
GP

[ 1398056061 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:54:21
GP

[ 1398055552 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:45:52
GP

[ 1398054738 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:32:18
GP

[ 1398053925 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:18:45
GP

[ 1398053374 ]
Mon 21 Apr 2014 - 00:09:34
GP

I think there's a way to exploit the generating peers list, and I think someone figured out how to do it. Time to see if I can exploit it as well to get my server back into the generation list without being re-elected.
tiker

Post by tiker »

PoisonWolf wrote:I noticed it this morning as well. I saw that it was at 93+ elected peers yesterday, but then today it was down to a staggering 81 elected peers. I have yet to see the peer list go higher than 100. I don't know if it's a code limitation (array limit?) or if Tiker, as you say, that it is currently stealthily being exploited somehow. My servers are still elected, however, as I'm running two on the same key for redundancy.
The mass de-election always seems to happen once the number of generating peers is larger than 90. The limits that I've checked in code aren't being reached and won't be reached until the number of generating peers is close to 150.

I think I know a way to add servers to the generation list and remove any server I want from the generation list under certain conditions. Whether it's being done intentionally or through network errors now - I don't know, but it is happening.

With KnightMB being absent the past few weeks it seems we're on our own right now. I'd run my theory past KnightMB if he were here. I'm going to see if my theory is correct, if it can be done reading the code, then write what I need to make it happen as a live test. The down side, if it is sucessful, you might get booted as well, no matter how many servers you've got using the same key.