Kicked from generating again......

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
User avatar
tiker
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Contact:

Kicked from generating again......

Post by tiker »

Kicked from generating again......

Missed one generating cycle while updating my OpenSSL libraries on the server. Brought the server back online, TimeKoin sent the generation transaction to the queue on the next round, looked good but not 5 minutes later, the system removed that transaction, tossed a "Generation Peer List has Become Stale, Attemping to Purge and Rebuild" message at me and am no longer on the generation list. :(

It looks like 9 servers got booted from this new list now.
User avatar
PoisonWolf
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by PoisonWolf »

Same. One of my servers just got kicked as well. I don't think it's a coincidence that I've also seen the following 7 times today.

Code: Select all

Generation Peer List has Become Stale, Attemping to Purge and Rebuild.
Honestly, I don't want to make of this when the internet connection is rock solid and I didn't even touch the server.
User avatar
tiker
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by tiker »

Ya, there's no reason for it...

I've noticed this happens every time the number of generating peers is 90+. In this case, it was 98 peers generating, then the rebuild, then it was 89. Now (a couple of hours later) it's at 80 generating peers.

I'll probably look through the generation code tonight to see if I can see anything.

This issue is very annoying and will severely impact the growth of TimeKoin if it's not resolved.
User avatar
PoisonWolf
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by PoisonWolf »

tiker wrote:Ya, there's no reason for it...

I've noticed this happens every time the number of generating peers is 90+. In this case, it was 98 peers generating, then the rebuild, then it was 89. Now (a couple of hours later) it's at 80 generating peers.

I'll probably look through the generation code tonight to see if I can see anything.

This issue is very annoying and will severely impact the growth of TimeKoin if it's not resolved.
Let me know what you've found. It's down to 79 servers now.
whiteb
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by whiteb »

Lost one server it seems.

I have retired my PI from Generating because of it, Its running as my Torrent host now on a full Archlinux install. When I retired it, it was 'Crashing' on a daily basis, and I know one of the causes is a corrupt SD card, but I am using the same SD card and its not crashed in a week that its been retasked.
User avatar
tiker
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by tiker »

PoisonWolf wrote: Let me know what you've found. It's down to 79 servers now.
I didn't have much time to read through the code last night. I figured since I was booted from the generation list and the next elections were for 12+ hours, I shut down my node and updated the OpenSSL libraries on the rest of my servers.

From the short time I did have, and from the quick glance I did do, I have a theory about a possible cause but I need to read the code with more detail. That'll be tonight's job if I get a chance.
2072
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by 2072 »

One thing that seems to help stability is to set the "Peer Failure Limit" (in the option tab) to 10 instead of 30 you end up with peers of better quality which may prevent your genlist from becoming out of sync.
2072
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by 2072 »

PoisonWolf wrote:Same. One of my servers just got kicked as well. I don't think it's a coincidence that I've also seen the following 7 times today.

Code: Select all

Generation Peer List has Become Stale, Attemping to Purge and Rebuild.
I had this message 6 times on the 8th, yet my server didn't get sacked.
User avatar
tiker
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by tiker »

2072 wrote:One thing that seems to help stability is to set the "Peer Failure Limit" (in the option tab) to 10 instead of 30 you end up with peers of better quality which may prevent your genlist from becoming out of sync.
My peer failure limit has been sitting at 15. I've just lowered it to 10.
User avatar
PoisonWolf
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 am

Re: Kicked from generating again......

Post by PoisonWolf »

Ugh, this is freaking annoying. I update to 3.5, and now my server which was at 3tk/cycle (due to reach 4tk/cycle today) was randomly just DROPPED?

Like seriously, what the hell is going on? I was WELL under the 2-hour mark as it only took me a few seconds to upgrade but now I've lost my generation status.

Seriously, what the hell? Remind me to never update in the future if this is going to happen. Ugh.
Post Reply