Transaction History Records - Sync Issue

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
evoked

Transaction History Records - Sync Issue

Post by evoked »

Hi,

Most of my servers have updated to 100% with the history records, though my first one which was connected the longest never went past 95-97%:

Transaction History: 95.62% (18,194 Transaction Cycles to Update)
Transaction Foundations: 795 of 831

It has been online for 2-3 weeks now. Is there a way i can transfer it from another server? or if not, how can i make sure it reaches 100%?

Cheers :)
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
AoS

Re: Transaction History Records - Sync Issue

Post by AoS »

evoked wrote:Hi,

Most of my servers have updated to 100% with the history records, though my first one which was connected the longest never went past 95-97%:

Transaction History: 95.62% (18,194 Transaction Cycles to Update)

It has been online for 2-3 weeks now. Is there a way i can transfer it from another server? or if not, how can i make sure it reaches 100%?

Cheers :)
If one of your other servers is in another subnet, make sure it is a superpeer and add it as a permanent peer. Select Permanent Peer Priority, that way the update is faster.
evoked

Post by evoked »

Thanks mate. The issue however is not related to speed, as this server i mentioned is the oldest one out of the batch. It seems to be stuck on

and never go past it. I dont know how to reset it or push it forward.

If anyone has any methods to share, would be appreciated.
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
AoS

Post by AoS »

evoked wrote:Thanks mate. The issue however is not related to speed, as this server i mentioned is the oldest one out of the batch. It seems to be stuck on

and never go past it. I dont know how to reset it or push it forward.

If anyone has any methods to share, would be appreciated.
You can start by changing "Peer Failure Limit" in menu Options to 15 to purge bad peers faster. It worked for me in the past.
evoked

Post by evoked »

AoS wrote:You can start by changing "Peer Failure Limit" in menu Options to 15 to purge bad peers faster. It worked for me in the past.
Thanks again :)

I had already done that part. Any other theories or methods would be appreciated.
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
evoked

Post by evoked »

bump
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
warmach

Post by warmach »

evoked wrote:Any other theories or methods would be appreciated.
I have a theory...

You server went down for one reason or another. Once back running, it recognized that it didn't have all the cycles it expected. It then needs to figure out which ones it is missing. I think that it is more of random process of searching. It uses history walks and occasional checks with other peers. I think, eventually it will find it from a history walk or from another peer looking for that info. It will then recognize it doesn't have it, and then reach out to network to get it.

I have not tested this out, so I may be off in left field. To test, you could try changing System=>Transaction History Checks to Frequent. This will take more CPU and memory resources but it may find the missing cycles faster.

Good Luck!
evoked

Post by evoked »

warmach wrote: I have not tested this out, so I may be off in left field. To test, you could try changing System=>Transaction History Checks to Frequent. This will take more CPU and memory resources but it may find the missing cycles faster.

Good Luck!
I like your theory :) - though before i went away, i switched it to what you said. Ill check on it in 2 days time when i get back. Hopefully it has resolved itself! Cheers for your help.
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
evoked

Post by evoked »

Is there a way i can erase the transactions and start all over again. it doesnt seem to get past that part mentioned.
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
warmach

Post by warmach »

evoked wrote:Is there a way i can erase the transactions and start all over again. it doesnt seem to get past that part mentioned.
You will need to run a SQL statement. Do you have a way of easily doing that? Log in, then run "TRUNCATE transaction_history;"