Q: What does my server always show the status of "Operating in Outbound Only Mode"?
A: This message appears when Timekoin is unable to detect any inbound peer activity. Timekoin uses a combination of passive and active polling for data exchange. Part of this polling process means that for other peers to gather data from your server, they need to be able to initiate an inbound connection to your server. Sometimes a firewall or gateway can stand in the way, so port mapping may be necessary to map an inbound port to your server if the uPNP (Universal Plug n' Play) is unable to do it for you.
B: If the firewall or router is not the issue, it might actually be the peers your server is connected with. Try slowly increasing the number of active peers that your server will connect with in the system tab, for example 10 active peers instead of the 8 default. If your server is having difficulty obtaining the maximum active peers that you have set, slowly increase the number of reserve peers, for example 20 reserve peers instead of the default 15. You can also manually remove peers from your peerlist to let the server seek out fresh peers instead.
Q: My server never gets elected to create currency?
A: To create currency, your server must first be elected by all the network peers. Part of the election and currency creation process requires that you have an active server that can accept inbound connections from the Internet. Otherwise, there is no way for any peers to verify your online presence. Check that the IP listed in the "Generation" tab belongs to your server as sometimes Timekoin can detect the wrong IP address if you are behind a firewall for example. You can also use this firewall checking utility to test your inbound connection status.
Q: How much currency can my server create?
A: There is no limit to how much it can create in total, only a limit of how much it can create every generation event. The longer your server participates in the network, the more currency it will be allowed to create during a generation event.
- 1 week (0-7 days) - 1 unit
- 2 weeks (7-14 days) - 2 units
- 3 weeks (14-28 days) - 3 units
- 4 weeks (28-56 days) - 4 units
- 8 weeks (56-112 days) - 5 units
- 16 weeks (112-224 days) - 6 units
- 32 weeks (224-448 days) - 7 units
- 64 weeks (448-896 days) - 8 units
- 128 weeks (896-1792 days) - 9 units
- 256 weeks (1792+ days) - 10 units
A: Client users can use the API functions of your server to creation transactions and check balances. Clients by default will seek out guest access from the public network. To enable Clients to use your server for guest access, you must first build hash-code access to allow them.
- Login to your Timekoin Server
- Go to the "Options" tab
- Click the "Manage Hash Code Access" button near the bottom
- To enable access, clients use the default code of "guest". To create this, simply pick an empty entry.
- Give the entry a friendly name, example "Public Access"
- Set the hash-code field to "guest"
- Enable these functions:
- Click "Save Settings" at the bottom
- Guess Access is now enabled, any Clients that poll your server should be able to attach and use the API.