Generation not elected for 2 days

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: Generation not elected for 2 days

Post by KnightMB »

That's why I like to say "the currency generation tide is high today" because there might be a lot of back to back currency generation every cycle. :mrgreen:
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

warmach wrote:
JFOC wrote:
KnightMB wrote:Elections should start happening soon then. Sometimes there is a long delay as the election times are chosen at random. Sometimes they are minutes apart, sometimes, days apart.
So there is possibility the generation will take more than 10 days ?

Now I got "Generation not allowed for 54 mins @ 1 per Cycle"

Best Regards,
Elections sometimes can have days between them, but generation happens much more often than that. The longest period I've seen is 45 minutes between generation cycles. There is usually 15 minutes between generation cycles.

The protocol has a rule that you must wait 1 hour after being elected before you can participate in generation. I think it is designed to discourage botnets from flooding the election queue and then being able to immediately create currency.
Its now elected and generate coins.

Continuous Production for 19 hours
Last Generated 17 mins ago @ 1 per Cycle :shock: :lol:
yangjian

Post by yangjian »

Sometimes there is a long delay as the election times are chosen at random. Sometimes they are minutes apart, sometimes, days apart.

fifa coin trader
fifa coins
JFOC

Re: Generation not elected for 11 days

Post by JFOC »

Its happening again with my server not being elected since 11 days ago.
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

JFOC wrote:Its happening again with my server not being elected since 11 days ago.
Would you mind if I loggged into your server to take a look? Change your username and password to something else (and PM it to me) first from your current username/pass. Also, Backup your public/private keys locally and then change the public/private keypair so that when I log in I won't have access to any of your username, password, public key, or private key. Don't change any other setting on the server.

I can hopefully help you to troubleshoot quicker as to why you're not getting elected, particularly if you've had this trouble in 2013 and now. My guess is that whatever is causing the difficulty with elections is likely not due to your public/private key.

If you're not comfortable with this, that's cool, just thought I'd offer something quicker than forum postings back and forth. But here are some things to check:

1) Peer times
2) Check the FIrewall Tool in the Generation Tab to make sure everything is passed.
3) What is your transaction history currently at?
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

PoisonWolf wrote:
JFOC wrote:Its happening again with my server not being elected since 11 days ago.
Would you mind if I loggged into your server to take a look? Change your username and password to something else (and PM it to me) first from your current username/pass. Also, Backup your public/private keys locally and then change the public/private keypair so that when I log in I won't have access to any of your username, password, public key, or private key. Don't change any other setting on the server.

I can hopefully help you to troubleshoot quicker as to why you're not getting elected, particularly if you've had this trouble in 2013 and now. My guess is that whatever is causing the difficulty with elections is likely not due to your public/private key.

If you're not comfortable with this, that's cool, just thought I'd offer something quicker than forum postings back and forth. But here are some things to check:

1) Peer times
2) Check the FIrewall Tool in the Generation Tab to make sure everything is passed.
3) What is your transaction history currently at?

1. Peer times is fine
2. Firewall is passed
3. Transaction history currently 1458550800 Mon 21 Mar 2016 - 09:00:00
AoS

Post by AoS »

I had the same with one of my servers, somehow it got purged from generation. The server was waiting to be elected for 7 days. After a reboot of the server it got elected one hour later. Somehow a reboot works.
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

AoS wrote:I had the same with one of my servers, somehow it got purged from generation. The server was waiting to be elected for 7 days. After a reboot of the server it got elected one hour later. Somehow a reboot works.
Unfortunately not working for my case ::(
AoS

Post by AoS »

Somehow the network already thinks your server is generating tk's. It doesn't make any sense, because in the peerlist your server does not generate tk's. Hopefully one of the developers can answer this?

Code: Select all

[ 1461223875 ]
Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 09:31:15

Timekoin Currency Generation Already Exist at remote Peer timecoin.jfoc.net:80/
	G

[ 1461223861 ]
Thu 21 Apr 2016 - 09:31:01

Timekoin Currency Generation Broadcast Accepted by remote Peer timecoin.jfoc.net:80/
	G
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

This is funny, my timekoin is not elected yet until now