Generation not elected for 2 days

Having issues with your Timekoin Server? Someone might be able to answer your questions here.
JFOC

Generation not elected for 2 days

Post by JFOC »

Hello,
I have problem with generate is not get elected for 2 days.

my Timekoin is accessible from internet

And for information my timekoin is not operating in outbound only...

Thank you
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: Generation not elected for 2 days

Post by KnightMB »

What OS are you using (Windows, Mac, Linux, Unix, etc)?
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

It's Linux and running in special server not share with other applications.

For sometimes in last few hours seen there's log in TOOLS like:
This Peer (x servers) Reports that My Transaction Block #93305 is Invalid.
Will Double Check with other Peers before making any corrections.

Best Regards
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

How much time was left for the next election when you examine the "Generation" tab in the GUI? You will see it in the quick info menu at the bottom in "blue" font.
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

KnightMB wrote:How much time was left for the next election when you examine the "Generation" tab in the GUI? You will see it in the quick info menu at the bottom in "blue" font.
Now is 3 hours for next peer election
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

Elections should start happening soon then. Sometimes there is a long delay as the election times are chosen at random. Sometimes they are minutes apart, sometimes, days apart.
JFOC

Post by JFOC »

KnightMB wrote:Elections should start happening soon then. Sometimes there is a long delay as the election times are chosen at random. Sometimes they are minutes apart, sometimes, days apart.
So there is possibility the generation will take more than 10 days ?

Now I got "Generation not allowed for 54 mins @ 1 per Cycle"

Best Regards,
warmach

Post by warmach »

JFOC wrote:
KnightMB wrote:Elections should start happening soon then. Sometimes there is a long delay as the election times are chosen at random. Sometimes they are minutes apart, sometimes, days apart.

Best Regards,
Elections sometimes can have days between them, but generation happens much more often than that. The longest period I've seen is 45 minutes between generation cycles. There is usually 15 minutes between generation cycles.

The protocol has a rule that you must wait 1 hour after being elected before you can participate in generation. I think it is designed to discourage botnets from flooding the election queue and then being able to immediately create currency.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

JFOC wrote:

Best Regards,
The waveform is setup to have upper and lower limits. You won't have days between currency generation cycles, but just minutes. The election cycle is similar but the waveform is bigger to allow a whole day or two at most or a few minutes at least. It is similar to the cycle of ocean tides where you have low tide (no much activity) and high tide (lots of activity), but never a continuous low/high mode all the time.

It would be like predicting how high the next wave from the ocean will travel up the beach. Even at low tide, it's possible for a big wave to come in sometimes. Same at high time, small wave comes in. Random, but you can still predict that either high or low tide that one will produce more high or low waves on average than the other.
warmach

Post by warmach »

KnightMB wrote:
JFOC wrote:

Best Regards,
The waveform is setup to have upper and lower limits. You won't have days between currency generation cycles, but just minutes. The election cycle is similar but the waveform is bigger to allow a whole day or two at most or a few minutes at least. It is similar to the cycle of ocean tides where you have low tide (no much activity) and high tide (lots of activity), but never a continuous low/high mode all the time.

It would be like predicting how high the next wave from the ocean will travel up the beach. Even at low tide, it's possible for a big wave to come in sometimes. Same at high time, small wave comes in. Random, but you can still predict that either high or low tide that one will produce more high or low waves on average than the other.
Awesome analogy!!