How much TK does the TK network generate in one year? Calculation.

Discussion about the Timekoin community. News about Timekoin. Discussion of specific Timekoin subjects belong in other sections.
twinflame

How much TK does the TK network generate in one year? Calculation.

Post by twinflame »

First take a look at this post on how many TK can you generate on 1 TK server in one year.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49206

Assumption: continuous generation without any downtime by any TK server.

1 TK server can generate about 100.000 TK.

At this time, April 23rd 2022, there are 90 generators.
So in one year, if the amount of generators stay the same, the TK network should generate 90 x 100.000 TK = 9.000.000 TK

In reality, servers go down or are taken down by the operators for whatever reason so there's an error margin.
Let's say between 50% and 100% is generated in a year, you would look at between 4.500.000 TK and 9.000.000 TK created per year.

That's not a lot if you compare this to the trillions,quadrillions and quintillions created by the meme tokens running on the Ethereum
network. :lol:

We also need to remember that the more generators there are, the election fee goes up, the more is paid to start a generating server. So, the election fee will limit the amount of generators. The election fee is now 4500 TK for any new server to join in generating (90 generators at the moment).

I believe as more people find out about Timekoin, the amount of generators will surpass the 100 and go towards 200/300.
Also any generating server can do a max of 100.000 generations, amounting to about 5 years of generation.

Timekoin at this moment is still under the radar. There's no operating page for Timekoin on coinmarketcap.com to track
prices and charts. Hardly anyone knows about this except people who were there in the beginning in the crypto universe.

Anyone starting up a TK server is still early. :)
Last edited by twinflame on Sat May 21, 2022 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jambo58

Re: How many TK does the TK network generate in one year? Calculation.

Post by jambo58 »

yep we are all early however with that comes some responsibility. to be listed on exchanges etc is going to require a rather large donation drive and that donation will likely be cash and timekoin, as early adopters we would have to at least upfront a fair bit of timekoin if we ever wish to be listed on mainstream exchanges. otherwise where else will the TK come from? To pony up the $$ i guess we can aim for the lower risky exchanges and try to create some LTC/TK /BTC/TK pairs etc where this can be converted to cash at another exchange

my goal is to get 1 million TK before its hitting any exchange i am 100k right now so i have a long way to go, in hindsight i hope it stays quiet so i can onboard more servers for the lower fee but on the other hand, i hope for the project to take off and gain traction.

realistically the project is lacking two major things,
1. active development ( knightmb cannot be expected to solely maintain this) the code is piss easy and should be straightforward for anyone to jump in and help improve, or at least build other services and solutions on top of it.
2. active community, with the 90+ miners out there there are probably only 1 dozen human operators, at the very least the operators should start to contribute to the community via social media awareness, input their suggestions or help market/support the project to newcomers through their preferred channels.

without these two things, the project will remain in the early adopter phase for the next decade with no real net result.
twinflame

Re: How many TK does the TK network generate in one year? Calculation.

Post by twinflame »

jambo58 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:59 am
realistically the project is lacking two major things,
1. active development ( knightmb cannot be expected to solely maintain this) the code is piss easy and should be straightforward for anyone to jump in and help improve, or at least build other services and solutions on top of it.
2. active community, with the 90+ miners out there there are probably only 1 dozen human operators, at the very least the operators should start to contribute to the community via social media awareness, input their suggestions or help market/support the project to newcomers through their preferred channels.

without these two things, the project will remain in the early adopter phase for the next decade with no real net result.
On 1. I agree. Any developer with PHP/SQL skills could contribute to the project.
On 2. Knightmb mentioned in another post that he's been dealing with some private/family issues. As soon as he's back on a more permanent basis and the forum starts getting alive more, we could do the social media awareness. But until then we should just continue generating, keeping the network alive and stable with our servers.