Interested in revitalizing Timekoin?

Discussion about the Timekoin community. News about Timekoin. Discussion of specific Timekoin subjects belong in other sections.
natugle

Interested in revitalizing Timekoin?

Post by natugle »

Timekoin is in my opinion a very interesting project. But it seems to be dying. The forum has been quiet for months and there is no news from the main developer lately. Well, there are still around 20-24 Timekoin servers running, but everything else has stopped.

I have looked into the PHP source codes. I'm not an expert in PHP, but the server and client seem to be working quite well. And as far as I know nobody has clammed the reward to anybody who hack into the system and produce fake Timekoins. So I think it is a shame just to stop the project.

However, I think that to run a project like Timekoin there is a need for a team or a group, not just one person. Therefore I would like to know if anyone here in this forum would be interested in participating in developing and maintaining a revitalized Timekoin project?

Regards

Björn / natugle
smooj

Re: Interested in revitalizing Timekoin?

Post by smooj »

There is a small group of us who still think the project can succeed.

Let's take roll call in this thread?
funnow

Post by funnow »

To be honest, because of one member here, I'm out of the project I was involved in Timekoin, trying to do my best. So I decided to take a person and start a parallel project based on timekoin script.
I switched off all my servers.
natugle

Post by natugle »

Well, I also think that the project can succeed if some of us work together on it.

I think that the project has to be restarted from zero. It makes absolutely no sense to have more than 30 mio. TK nobody can use for anything. I also think that some other changes and improvements should be considered, but let us first see if we can make a team to continue Timekoin.

Funnow, I'm sorry if there has been some disagreements I don't know about. Is it something that can be solved or what?

Do any of you have contact to people who might be welling to join?
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

natugle

Post by natugle »

It would be great if we somehow could continue the project, especially if we can agree on "sound economic principles" ;-)

I have worked to modify an existing exhange software in PHP from bitcoin to timekoin but put it on hold when the Timekoin project stopped. I think that could be usefull as a part of a new TK project.

Hope some more will join

natuge
evoked

Post by evoked »

ah nice! the site is up again :)

Please join on slack: https://timekoin.slack.com/shared_invit ... MGQyZTA5MQ
Keep TimeKoin Alive!