Serious Questions - Everyone Please Respond

Discussion about the Timekoin community. News about Timekoin. Discussion of specific Timekoin subjects belong in other sections.
warmach

Serious Questions - Everyone Please Respond

Post by warmach »

Alright everyone, I have some tough questions. I would like everyone to respond with their responses. This is an effort to move this project forward.

Why are YOU involved with Timekoin?

What problem or opportunity does Timekoin uniquely solve?

What are YOU going to do?

Do we believe in the technology/ideas or are we just purely speculating? Why should anyone care about timekoin. It has to serve a purpose. Without it, there is no real point in continuing. Finally, each of us need to be involved. There are roughly 40 -50 servers running, which means there are probably only 20 -25 of us total. This has to be a community effort. Anything less is going to be a waste of everyone's time. Please don't blame everything on KnightMB. While he is an integral part of the project, we, as a community, have as much responsibility as he does.

I will respond myself, but these are questions I've working through myself the last week or so. I want to give others time to think and respond before posting. Please be respectful of everyone's posts, no spreading FUD. The better we understand each other, the better we can work together for a common goal.
smooj

Re: Serious Questions - Everyone Please Respond

Post by smooj »

Simply because I think it's a brilliant idea

Obscene use of energy in all other cryptocurrencies

Continue to keep my servers online
Continue to keep spam out of the forums
Perform QA on new releases as they arrive
funnow

Post by funnow »

It's unique crypto for make some serious money with lowest investmen.

No costly hardware to generate TK.

Still waiting for investment to open an exchange and always telling friends about this crypto.
Also helping other, what can I help here on the forum.
warmach

Post by warmach »

I think the idea of limiting generation by time is revolutionary. Regardless of who we are and how much money we have, we all have the same amount of time. I think this idea truly opens it up to everyone.

I think this is the hardest thing to identify. Right now, TK is just a currency. Other systems provide assets, distributed organizations, distributed exchanges, etc. To be useful, people need to use it. While it promotes a fairer distribution of wealth, it will not compete with bitcoin because so many people have money already invested in it. I think the future of TK lies in those who are not invested in bitcoin and have little money on getting involved.

An idea I had was TK being used for charity. TK allows everyone to create funds and there are no transaction fees. People could generate their own TK and give them to people in need. Those small non-profits looking for donations could generate their own TK and send them to larger organizations. These people could then use them in exchange for items/services from charity organizations. This may be a way for the charity organizations to track their distributions.

Thoughts and feedback welcome.

I am willing to use my programming skills to add value to the TK network where it is needed. I've tried to create a trading market, several plugins, and some core software modifications. I just need to know what the community will find useful.
d5000

Post by d5000 »

I'm currently not running a server because I've thought the project to be dead. But chances are I come back soon if I see there is "light in the tunnel", as I have preserved my keys.
Originally, it was just curiousity about the very unique security/blockchain model.

The unique reward mechanism. It's the only cryptocurrency I know that really rewards long-term involvement with an active node. With the exception of Decred and Slimcoin, all other cryptos reward short-term involvement. In Bitcoin and other PoW and even most PoS currencies, you can mine one day with a large hashrate and make profit, and then run away. That's not possible with Timekoin. I consider long-term involvement important for long-term success and also for price stability.

I'm not a developer. So I basically can do marketing tasks, and run a server.
But for this to occur, the community must be more transparent. I don't like the actual Timekoin market as there is no possibility to see which trades have been carried out in the past (not even anonymized).
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

I'm sorry guys, but I'm shutting my servers down. I'll be back in a few months to a year. Personal issues. I hope you guys keep trucking along.
warmach

Post by warmach »

PoisonWolf wrote:I'm sorry guys, but I'm shutting my servers down. I'll be back in a few months to a year. Personal issues. I hope you guys keep trucking along.
Sorry to see you go. I am praying for strength and patience for you during this tough time. We hope to see you soon!
evoked

Post by evoked »

PoisonWolf wrote:I'm sorry guys, but I'm shutting my servers down. I'll be back in a few months to a year. Personal issues. I hope you guys keep trucking along.
No Worries mate. Hope you work it out. How many servers did you have online?
Keep TimeKoin Alive!
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

warmach wrote:
Sorry to see you go. I am praying for strength and patience for you during this tough time. We hope to see you soon!
Thanks Warmach.
evoked wrote:
No Worries mate. Hope you work it out. How many servers did you have online?
Thank you! I had two super peers running, one in California and one in New York (was trying to provide more geographic coverage for the network).