Timekoin Faucet

Discussion about the Timekoin community. News about Timekoin. Discussion of specific Timekoin subjects belong in other sections.
ZuluCalmer

Re: Timekoin Faucet

Post by ZuluCalmer »

KnightMB wrote:
ZuluCalmer wrote:Thank you very much for the explanation!
Isn't there any notification that my Koins are "arriving"? Something like in bitcoin where you are immediately notified that someone sent you btc but then you have to wait for first (and then more) confirmations.
If one must wait for the next cycle to see the payment, how will that work in a retail scenario? Maybe I got something wrong - in that case I apologize for the stupid question.
The transaction queue shows everything coming down the pipeline, so you could spot a transaction headed for you this way (as all that crypt info will be changed to "My Public Key" in bright green) but to have the notification; could probably be done quite easily in a plugin. If you want to get some real-time notification about a transfer headed to you, a plugin could text or email you the moment it spots any transaction in the queue destined for your account.
I think that would be excellent to have. I'm still very fresh with TKs but I think if the goal for this currency is to be usable for payments (not just storing of wealth) TimeKoin definitely needs to have some more obvious alerting system for incoming payments. I'm dreaming on walking into my local store one day and using my cell phone to transfer TKs to them when I buy some goods from them. That dream is somehow less appealing if I need to stay at the cashier's desk and wait for the next cycle. I see that the TK is already significantly faster than BTC and BTC is already very well into POS (Point of sale) market.

What are the plans for the future development of TK?
Easy Key: ZuluCalmer
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

ZuluCalmer wrote:I think that would be excellent to have. I'm still very fresh with TKs but I think if the goal for this currency is to be usable for payments (not just storing of wealth) TimeKoin definitely needs to have some more obvious alerting system for incoming payments. I'm dreaming on walking into my local store one day and using my cell phone to transfer TKs to them when I buy some goods from them. That dream is somehow less appealing if I need to stay at the cashier's desk and wait for the next cycle. I see that the TK is already significantly faster than BTC and BTC is already very well into POS (Point of sale) market.
Actually already have a working Android version that does that right now, but it's still in the beta stage. Basically it is running the same interface, but on the phone, client mode of course (though in theory one could load the full server version on a phone, that would be interesting to test). A POS system would not need to wait because it would simply query the person's account history and make sure no pending transactions are to be processed that would cause a charge back for over drawn balance for example. Timekoin is not really a POS system out the box because it's focus is the core of the network/speed/security but has a lot of API and Client related functions to poll it and use it quickly. But that is no reason a POS system could not be built on top of it. Think of Timekoin as the low level part of the currency where all the work takes place. The Client works on top of that, where it can check, verify, and create new transactions. The POS system would further layer on top of this where the customer uses a phone for example to make a payment right to the cashier. The cashier system would wait for the various layers POS, to client, to server, to network to verify that the customer has the balance to make the payment and that no other payment is queued up at the same time that would conflict with their own payment.
What are the plans for the future development of TK?
Phones, tablets, Web stores & markets, and POS if enough interest is shown for it. Timekoin is designed to be used not hoarded, the current hard coded limit for transactions is 12,300 every 5 minutes It is better suited for the middle ground between micro-transactions and regular, managed transactions. For example, you want to build a POS system that uses Timekoin. You would not want to try to push thousands of micro-transactions every minute, but have a quicker system to help process those quickly into a group and then hand them off to the timekoin network to keep transaction records encrypted and processed later. A small business, individual for example could use Timekoin with ease for transactions as the volume they generate is so low. But for Amazon or Google to use Timekoin, they would have to build their own server farms to help increase the network resources to keep up because Timekoin by design is setup to give the individual the advantage by not allowing a company, entity, etc to flood the network with tons of transactions that would bog down the normal desktop machine. Basically, if you want to do large volumes of transactions, you must bring the CPU & Bandwidth horsepower to support it, you can't get a free ride from the rest of the people running Timekoin on their desktop computers or Raspberry Pi devices. :mrgreen:
CryptoConvention

Post by CryptoConvention »

I was hoping You could help me make contact with the creator of Timekoin.

We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote Timekoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin. .

Education and exposure is the only way we all win.

We are expert marketers and expect 1500-2000 attendees and our marketing will reach millions of people.

If You could please forward a message or somehow make an introduction, it would be greatly appreciated and productive.
Thank You

Teddy teddy@cryptocurrencyconvention.com
whiteb

Post by whiteb »

CryptoConvention wrote:I was hoping You could help me make contact with the creator of Timekoin.
Speak to KnightMB.
Smarty

Post by Smarty »

CryptoConvention wrote:I was hoping You could help me make contact with the creator of Timekoin.

We are hosting The Crypto Currency Convention in NYC on April 9th. We would like them to speak and promote Timekoin.

Our mission is to bring awareness and acceptance to all Crypto Currency and not just bitcoin. .

Education and exposure is the only way we all win.

We are expert marketers and expect 1500-2000 attendees and our marketing will reach millions of people.

If You could please forward a message or somehow make an introduction, it would be greatly appreciated and productive.
Thank You

Teddy teddy@cryptocurrencyconvention.com
I noticed in a google search this guy has posted in all the crypto-currency forums out there (litecoin, peercoin, worldcoin, etc). Is it real or some type of marketing spam?
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

I don't understand why this guy just didn't make a new topic? Spammer?
CryptoConvention

Post by CryptoConvention »

You'll have to forgive me with forum etiquette. I am not a frequent forum person. Its not anything other than us doing what we can to find the coin creators so they can come speak about their creation. There is not a ton of information out there on a vast majority of the coins and the forums was the most common sense for me to try to make contact with them.

The event is going to be incredible and we have a professional team.

I AM NOT A SPAMMER! I AM a Crypto Currency enthusiast who sees the writing on the wall and realizes that what we have is more valuable and useful when its gets more exposure and people get educated. Most people resist change and will not go out of their way to learn something new. Doing a convention makes it easy for someone to get information (in a familiar setting) and makes it easy for coins to gain exposure and traction.

Hope You will relay this message where appropriate. Sorry for an inconvenience

THX
whiteb

Post by whiteb »

You have to forgive the negativity.

Timekoin is one of the only altcoins around that still has an active developer, which doesnt have a fetish as part of its core has to see how fast it can make the power meter go in order to generate currency.

I think that is also part of the problem in the crypto world, is that because Timekoin does not need to Burn a GPU and make your power meter enter orbit from the power used, it is not a true currency (Currencies must be burning multiple Kilowatthours every minute to be viable).

I tried Bitcoin, and my PC sounded like a Jet Engine, left it running (Keeping the house awake) over night to generate like 1 millionth of a BTC. Screw that.

That is why I like my Timekoin Raspberry Pi. Silent, just warm to the touch, drawing 5 watts. Just need it to be re-elected now :)
meeperson

Post by meeperson »

Thanks for refilling faucet!
PoisonWolf

Post by PoisonWolf »

I find it hilarious that I am still collecting from the TK faucet. :D