Timekoin Faucet

Discussion about the Timekoin community. News about Timekoin. Discussion of specific Timekoin subjects belong in other sections.
KnightMB
Site Admin

Re: Timekoin Faucet

Post by KnightMB »

jambo58 wrote::idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

the timekoin Christmas faucet

I propose that knightMB re-stock the faucet for the festive season - bump it back up to 2000tk but put an expiry date on the withdrawal. 2nd January ?

We then share the details of the faucet promo with various forums and social medial platforms to drive more TK participants :-)
Right now, it limits unique IPs/Keys to once a week. When the balance is over 1000, it gives 5 + a random amount of (1 to 100) extra. When the balance dips below 1000, it reverts to just 5 + random (1 to 5) extra so it does not dry up so quickly.

I could deposit into it, and as long as the balance is over 1000 for example, gives a 5 + random day of the month (like today for me, it is the 17th) to 100 range bonus extra. So every day of this month that gets closer to the end, the bonus amount is higher and higher. 20th (20 to 100), 25th (25 to 100), 31st (31 to 100), all the way to January of the new year. One has to keep in mind, that you can kind of game the faucet by using Tor along with a fresh generated key to get multiple withdraws at the same time since each is a unique IP and key. I've seen it happen before until the person ran out of Tor IPs to use last month. :?

I am open to ideas though, fun promotions are great! :D
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

I will be glad to donate 5000 to the faucet if you do that, a promotion is a great way to spread the word around. :mrgreen:
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

Very generous to spend your bug bounty ;)

I can spare a 1000 to donate. Where do I send it?
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

I've got it setup now, you can literally send currency right back at the faucet if you have used it before. If not, I've created an easy for it, faucet that you can send to :D

It will work all through the month of December, once January rolls around, it reverts back to normal. :mrgreen:
koinmaster

Post by koinmaster »

1k Sent!
KnightMB wrote:I've got it setup now, you can literally send currency right back at the faucet if you have used it before. If not, I've created an easy for it, faucet that you can send to :D

It will work all through the month of December, once January rolls around, it reverts back to normal. :mrgreen:
joanofarc

Post by joanofarc »

1k? :P
I just sent 5k, I am 5 times as special :mrgreen:
ZuluCalmer

Post by ZuluCalmer »

I used the Faucet for the first time today using my Easy Key. It worked, I received 7 TKs but it took almost 5 minutes for them to show up on my Server balance. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be somehow notified immediately that I'm about to receive something? How does this normally work?
Easy Key: ZuluCalmer
warmach

Post by warmach »

ZuluCalmer wrote:I used the Faucet for the first time today using my Easy Key. It worked, I received 7 TKs but it took almost 5 minutes for them to show up on my Server balance. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be somehow notified immediately that I'm about to receive something? How does this normally work?
As timekoin is based on time, each cycle (block) is 5 minutes long. For a transaction to be processed, it must wait until the end of a cycle. Depending on when the transaction was put in the queue, it could take 5 - 10 minutes. It will take 5 minutes or less if it was put in the queue in the first 4 minutes of the cycle. If it gets put added in the last minute, it is possible the transaction will not propagate through the network fast enough. If that is the case, it will be rolled over to the next cycle.
ZuluCalmer

Post by ZuluCalmer »

warmach wrote:
ZuluCalmer wrote:I used the Faucet for the first time today using my Easy Key. It worked, I received 7 TKs but it took almost 5 minutes for them to show up on my Server balance. Is that normal? Shouldn't I be somehow notified immediately that I'm about to receive something? How does this normally work?
As timekoin is based on time, each cycle (block) is 5 minutes long. For a transaction to be processed, it must wait until the end of a cycle. Depending on when the transaction was put in the queue, it could take 5 - 10 minutes. It will take 5 minutes or less if it was put in the queue in the first 4 minutes of the cycle. If it gets put added in the last minute, it is possible the transaction will not propagate through the network fast enough. If that is the case, it will be rolled over to the next cycle.
Thank you very much for the explanation!
Isn't there any notification that my Koins are "arriving"? Something like in bitcoin where you are immediately notified that someone sent you btc but then you have to wait for first (and then more) confirmations.
If one must wait for the next cycle to see the payment, how will that work in a retail scenario? Maybe I got something wrong - in that case I apologize for the stupid question.
Easy Key: ZuluCalmer
KnightMB
Site Admin

Post by KnightMB »

ZuluCalmer wrote:Thank you very much for the explanation!
Isn't there any notification that my Koins are "arriving"? Something like in bitcoin where you are immediately notified that someone sent you btc but then you have to wait for first (and then more) confirmations.
If one must wait for the next cycle to see the payment, how will that work in a retail scenario? Maybe I got something wrong - in that case I apologize for the stupid question.
The transaction queue shows everything coming down the pipeline, so you could spot a transaction headed for you this way (as all that crypt info will be changed to "My Public Key" in bright green) but to have the notification; could probably be done quite easily in a plugin. If you want to get some real-time notification about a transfer headed to you, a plugin could text or email you the moment it spots any transaction in the queue destined for your account.